Leadership in Women’s Sailing Award
The Leadership in Women’ s Sailing Award, co-sponsored by NWSA and BoatU.S.®, the nation’s largest organization of recreational boaters, began in 1990. The award is given annually to honor an individual who has a record of achievement in inspiring, educating and enriching the lives of women through sailing.
In recent years, the award has been made at the Women’s Sailing Conference in Marblehead, MA usually held the first weekend of June.
Nominations may be made to Val Cook, at email@example.com by February 1st of each year.
In addition to the nominee’s name and e-mail address, the nominator must include the details of why this person is worthy of the award. These guidelines may be helpful with your submission.
Guidelines for Nominations
The recipient can be a man or a woman who has made a lasting impact on women and sailing.
- The person has multiple accomplishments which includes sailing endeavors, over a period of years.
- Her/his work can be local, regional, or national, but has had a significant impact beyond a local area.
- Her/his work has advanced the sport of sailing and expanded opportunities for women, helped educate women or otherwise enriched women’s lives through sailing.
- This award could be considered a sort of “lifetime achievement award.”
- Her/his impact on supporting or educating women in the sport of sailing is more than a personal accomplishment in competitive racing.